POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass of water : Re: Glass of water Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass of water
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 9 May 2002 23:51:21
Message: <3cdb43b9$1@news.povray.org>
"Corey Woodworth" <cdw### [at] mpinetnet> wrote :
> Most
> real world photos go through a lot of post processing and I see no reason
> why pov images couldn't benefit as well.

    I don't know how many more times I can say that the issue I have
is -not- with post processing if that is what you need to make the image you
want.

    I have stated that -all- of my professional work has been post processed
in one way or another (mostly to reduce file size and/or color count). Not
only do I get your point, I didn't need you to tell me this to get it, I
have known it for years. If I did need some one to tell me this, the half a
dozen previous posters have already done a fine job of stating the obvious.

    The problem, which yet another post ignores, is that this server has
limited space, and post processed images are not on topic. IMO. The AUP does
say that the purpose of this server is to support the users of povray, and
this group is called povray.binary.images, not povray.postprocessed.images.
People should be able to see images here that can be produced with PovRay.

    So far, the debate against my real point seems to be to ignore the point
and repeatedly argue against some other point. Not a very convincing
methodology.